The Louisiana Economic Activity Forecast provides data and analysis to policymakers, the business community, and gen
Each month, we will share news and accomplishments of Moody College of Business faculty, staff, and students.
Programs and Events
- The Louisiana Entrepreneurship & Economic Development (LEED) Center at Moody College Business, in partnership with the Greater Southwest Louisiana Black Chamber of Commerce, has launched Accelerate Northside. The 12-week program is aimed at assisting individuals in the northern part of the city of Lafayette start or grow their businesses. The program includes six weekly educational workshops followed by six weeks of consulting with mentors and MBA students. Learn more and register for the program or volunteer as a mentor.
- Congratulations to our Sales Program students, and Valerie McGehee, who have partnered with French NASCAR driver Michel Disdier to lead his 2021 sales and marketing efforts. Read more.
- Gary A. Wagner was a guest panelist at The Advocate's virtual Acadiana Outlook 2021 Summit. Watch a replay of the event.
- Brian Bolton hosted the first Executive Advisory Council/Faculty Idea XChange on January 20. Faculty presenters were Geoff Stewart, Colleen Wolverton, Reed Nelson, Sarfraz Khan, Cary Heath, and Valerie McGehee.
Awards and Accolades
- UL Lafayette and Moody College of Business have been included on the The U.S. News & World Report 2021 Best Online Programs Rankings. UL Lafayette is the state’s top university for online bachelor’s programs for the fifth consecutive year. UL Lafayette was No. 75 in the country in the online bachelor’s programs category, up from No. 106 last year. The Moody Business online MBA, at No. 135, climbed. It was ranked No. 149 in 2020.
- Dean Linda Nichols was selected to serve on the International Trade Development Group/Lafayette International Center Board.
- Patricia Lanier has been elected to the Youngsville Chamber of Commerce 2021 Board of Directors where she will serve as Membership Chair.
- Josh Bendickson and coauthors are the recipients of the USASBE 2021: Be Boldly Unscripted annual conference 2021 Best Conceptual Paper for “Paved with Good Intentions: Moral Disengagement and Social Entrepreneurship" [Jeff Muldoon (Emporia State University), Phillip Davis (Texas State University)].
Research and Innovation
- Joby John and Ramendra Thakur had their paper, “Long Term Effects of Service Adaptations made under Pandemic Conditions: The New ‘Post COVID-19’ Normal,” accepted by the European Journal of Marketing. EJM is an A* journal on the ABDC list.
Josh Bendickson and coauthors had the following articles accepted:
- Solomon, S., & Bendickson, J., Liguori, E. & Marvel, M. (in press). “The Effects of Social Spending on Entrepreneurship in Developed Nations.” Small Business Economics. 2019 impact factor 3.816, ABDC A, AJG 3.
- Taylor, E. & Bendickson, J. (in press) “Star performers, unit performance, and unit turnover: A constructive replication.” Human Resource Management Journal. 2019 impact factor 3.816, ABDC A, AJG 4.
- Mary Luquette had several articles published by The Daily Advertiser including Beware unintended consequences in your finances and 4 financial lessons graduating seniors need to know before they leave home.
Stephen Barnes was cited in the following news articles:
- San Francsico Chronicle Louisiana income forecast assumes slow recovery in pandemic
- The Advocate See estimated economic impact for $240 million ExxonMobil investment.
- Baton Rouge Business Report ExxonMobil releases economic impact on proposed refinery upgrade.