The Louisiana Economic Activity Forecast provides data and analysis to policymakers, the business community, and gen
Moody Business News: December 2020Mon, 01/04/2021 - 9:56am
Each month, we will share news and accomplishments of Moody College of Business faculty, staff, and students.
Programs and Events
- Kevin Guillory joined the LEED Center as Office Coordinator. He earned his MBA in 2017 and his BSBA in Marketing in 2006, both from UL Lafayette Moody College of Business. Kevin most recently worked at UL Lafayette in re-entry and transfer admissions. The LEED Center is located at the LITE Center. Learn more about the LEED Center.
- Geoff Stewart and Heidi Melancon served as guest panelists for the Acadiana Workforce Solutions Business Forum "Emerging From the Pandemic."
- Gary A. Wagner will be a panelist for The Acadiana Advocate 2021 Economic Outlook Summit on January 13 at 9 a.m. online. Learn more.
Awards and Accolades
- The Moody Business MBA on-campus program has been included on the The Princeton Review Best Business Schools for 2021.
- Valerie McGehee was appointed by Mayor Josh Guillory to the Keep Lafayette Beautiful board.
Fall 2020 Moody Business Outstanding Graduates were announced:
- Mary Margaret Gil, B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration Outstanding Graduate and Department of Accounting Outstanding Graduate
- Alyssa Bird, Department of Economics and Finance Outstanding Graduate
- Gabrielle Constant, Department of Management Outstanding Graduate
- Tyler Batiste, Department of Marketing Outstanding Graduate
- Garrett Ohlmeyer, Moody Business Outstanding Master's Graduate (MBA)
- On December 8, Moody Business graduated 152 BSBA students at Cajun Field. On December 9, 180 MBA and 4 MS Accounting degrees were conferred. Congratulations to our new alumni!
Research and Innovation
- Geoff Stewart and the LEED Center presented a collaborative economic development strategy for Louisiana's coastal seafood industry during a webinar and panel discussion event with Louisiana Sea Grant and the Meridian Institute on December 3. View the executive summary and full report.
- Gary A. Wagner had his paper "Campaigning For Retirement: State Teacher Union Campaign Contributions and Pension Generosity" accepted for publication in the European Journal of Political Economy. (ABDC: A).
- Kelly Green and coauthors had their research, "Working from Home: Understanding the Risks Accelerated by a Pandemic", published in the November/December 2020 issue of Internal Auditor. The article identifies new risks created by a work-from-home environment, how these risks have been exploited by cybercriminals, and practices to help mitigate those risks.
- Sarfraz Kahn and coauthor had their paper "Benefit or Burden? A Comparison of CFO and CEO Outside Directorships" accepted by Journal of Business Finance and Accounting (ABDC - A*, AJG - 3).
- Huong Nguyen was selected as one of the three people to serve on the Best Paper Committee in Corporate Finance for the Southwestern Finance Association Conference being held March 2021.
- Laura Guichard and coauthers had their paper "Persuasion in Auditing: A Review Through the Lens of the Communication-Persuasion Matrix" accepted by European Accounting Review. (ABDC - A*).
- Gary A. Wagner was featured in the New Orleans City Business article "Economist predicts when Louisiana will regain job losses."
- Gary A. Wagner had his on-going research examining peoples' willingness to attend sporting events in light of COVID-19 cited by Forbes.
- Mary Luquette had her article "Financial skills are a family affair: How to help your child understand finance" published by The Daily Advertiser.
- Geoff Stewart was featured in The Advocate article "Louisiana's $2.4B seafood industry often missed in economic development efforts, study finds."
- Geoff Stewart was interviewed for the WRBZ ABC 2 news story "Study reveals La's resilient seafood industry could use more support from economic development efforts."
- The Advocate featured the Moody Business Fall 2020 Oustanding Graduates in the article "UL's Moody College of Business names five top graduates for fall semester."
- Stephen Barnes was mentioned in The Hour article (Southwest Conneticut) "Louisiana forecasting panel delays income review until Jan."