The Louisiana Economic Activity Forecast provides data and analysis to policymakers, the business community, and gen
Moody Business News: September 2020Thu, 10/01/2020 - 12:00am
Each month, we will share news and accomplishments of Moody College of Business faculty, staff, and students.
Programs and Events
- Valerie McGehee hosted Scott Gibson, HR Director at Stuller, as a virtual guest speaker in MKTG 360 Sales Management. He provided students with the Predictive Index Test and will review their results with them next week. The students also learned about the general hiring process as a sales manager and were able to ask questions about interviewing.
Lisa Bowles incorporated virtual guest speakers in her classes including:
- Travis Tague, General Manager of Hyatt Centric French Quarter spoke to HMGT 371 Lodging Management I about leadership qualities and responsibilities of a hotel general manager. The Director of Sales, Adrienne Breaux - HMGT Graduate, reviewed the virtual tour of the hotel, a reflection of the hotel's adaptation to site visits during COVID-19.
- Steve Bertogli, Business Development Director for TravelZoo, spoke to HMGT 331 Principles of Tourism about the OTA's customer profile, business model and how they create online content for specific marketing campaigns for upscale hotels and resorts using data to produce results.
Awards and Accolades
- The Princeton Review named UL Lafayette among the nation's best colleges.
- Josh Bendickson was reappointed as an Associate Editor at the Journal of Small Business Management. JSBM is an “A” ranking on the ABDC List, a “3” ranking on the ABS list, had a 2019 impact factor of 3.461, and is distributed to more than 60 countries. JSBM Associate Editors oversee, on average, 20-24 manuscripts per year.
- Anthony Greco was invited to participte on the International Journal of Law and Society Editorial Board/Reviewer Team.
Research, Innovation, and Publications
- Gary A. Wagner had his paper, “The Distributional Effects of Job Loss From Fiscal Consolidation: Evidence from The Budget Control Act of 2011”, accepted for publication in Economics Letters. This is an A journal on the ABDC list.
- Colleen Wolverton had her research "Outsourcing Success in the Eye of the Beholder: Examining the Impact of Expectation Confirmation Theory on IT Outsourcing" published in Information & Management, an A* journal on ABDC.
- Mary Luquette had her articles published by The Daily Advertiser:
- Zhiwei Zhu and coauthors had their study, "Dynamic Simulation Scenario Analysis of Multi-objective Optimization Configuration of China Natural Gas Resources”, published by Energy Science & Engineering (Impact Factor 3.553). This study was supported by the National Social Science Foundation of China, Heilongjiang Province Educational Science Planning Key Project, and General Project of Daqing Philosophy and Social Science Planning.
- Ram Thakur and his coauthor had their paper, "Drivers of managers' affect (emotions) and corporate website usage: A comparative analysis between a developed and developing country", accepted by Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing (JBIM). JBIM is an "A" journal in ABDC list with an impact factor of 2.36. This research was supported by a grant that was received from the Kuwait Foundation for Advancement of Sciences (KFAS).
Gary A. Wagner provided expert comment for:
- Teche Today article "Parish wants pipeline soil bank removed".
- New Orleans City Business article "Economic, real estate seminar to address ‘uncertainty’ of New Orleans market".
- Ignatius Cahyanto provided commentary on travel reward credit cards for WalletHub.