The Louisiana Economic Activity Forecast provides data and analysis to policymakers, the business community, and gen
Moody Business News: August 2020Tue, 09/01/2020 - 12:00am
Each month, we will share news and accomplishments of Moody College of Business faculty, staff, and students.
Research, Innovation, and Publications
Gary A. Wagner released the Louisiana Economic Activity Forecast 2020:Q3. The report was featured by:
- New Orleans City Business "UL-Lafayette economist predicts slow growth in second half of year"
- The Advocate "Economist: Total jobs lost in Louisiana due to coronavirus now nearly double total lost from Katrina"
- The Daily Advertiser "Louisiana's economic recovery is underway, but still have a long way to go"
- The Center Square "Quick hits: Louisiana news briefs for Wednesday, Aug. 19"
- The Baptist Message "Louisiana job losses due to COVID-19 double those lost after Katrina"
- Fox News 15 "COVID 19's impact on Louisiana for job loss has nearly doubled Katrina's impact"
- The Daily Mail (UK) “Total job loss in Louisiana amid COVID-19 is nearly DOUBLE what occurred in wake of Hurricane Katrina - as more than 800,000 people filed new unemployment claims since mid-March”
- The Advocate "Our Views: Our job loss is now double that post-Katrina, and lack of action in Congress hurts"
Ignatius Cahyanto had the following articles accepted for publication:
- “Adapting Photovoice with ESRI Survey123 for Tourism Disaster Research in Banten, Indonesia” in Current Issues in Tourism. This is an A journal in the ABDC list.
- “Exploring resilience: use of indicators to measure threshold conditions in tourism destinations” in Tourism Analysis. This is an A journal in the ABDC list.
- Mary Luquette had articles published by The Daily Advertiser:
Stephen Barnes was included in the following news:
- The Center Square "Louisiana begins borrowing process to replenish unemployment fund; higher business taxes on deck"
- American Press "Lake Charles second in state’s job losses"
- The Greater Baton Rouge Business Report "Economist to Louisiana task force: Downturn to last longer than thought"
- KALB News "LA’s unemployment trust fund running out of money; governor says jobs are available"
- The Advocate "Louisiana first-time unemployment claims drop as continued claims plateau at more than 300,000"
- The Advocate "First time unemployment claims drop, but continuing claims rise statewide"